Week 7 of the NFL season started off with the Seattle Seahawks dominating the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday Night Football in a vintage Legion of Boom performance. We're here to get you caught up before the majority of the slate kicks off on Sunday with our NFL: News, Rumors, Injuries - Everything You Need To Know Headed Into Week 8.
* Tennessee Titans starting QB Marcus Mariota is out this week with an MCL injury against the Atlanta Falcons, said head coach Ken Whisenhunt. Zach Mettenberger will take his place.
* Washington Redskins WR DeSean Jackson was reportedly the victim of a home invasion on Wednesday. One person inside the house was allegedly pistol-whipped and suffered minor injuries before the intruders fled the scene.
* The New England Patriots have officially activated WR Brandon LaFell from the PUP list, reports NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
* Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant (foot) has officially been ruled out of Sunday's game against the New York Giants, per ESPN's Todd Archer.
* The Chicago Bears released DL Jeremiah Ratliff on Thursday after an incident where he was escorted out of the team's practice facility following a heated exchange with GM Ryan Pace, per the Chicago Tribune.
* The San Diego Chargers are slated to officially apply for relocation to Los Angeles in January, according to Chargers' special counsel Mark Fabiani.
* San Francisco 49ers safety Antoine Bethea has been placed on injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle, according to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.
* Sunday's Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars game from London will be presented by Yahoo! with commercial interruptions cut down in length -- the first majority online-only game broadcast (it'll be on CBS in Buffalo/Jax markets) in NFL history.
* Bills GM Doug Whaley says the team is still awaiting answers from wide receiver Percy Harvin. Harvin didn't make the trip due to personal reasons, with speculation now surfacing that he might retire.
* New York Giants DE Damontre Moore has been fined $20,000 by the league for a bodyslam of Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford on Monday, according to Jordan Raanan of NJ.com.
* Baltimore Ravens WR Steve Smith says he'd quit if the Ravens attempted to trade him.
* San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York is shouldering the brunt of the blame for the team's 20-3 home loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday.
Back to the NFL Newsfeed
Related Topics: Zach Mettenberger, Antoine Bethea, Dez Bryant, Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell, Demontre Moore, Doug Whaley, Jed York, Jeremiah Ratliff, Marcus Mariota