After the cancellation of the spring and winter championships tournaments stemming from concerns over the novel coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA will grant an extra year of eligibility to athletes who participate in spring sports, the organization announced Friday.
The NCAA is also considering granting an extra year of eligibility to athletes involved in winter sports.
- Coronavirus information and prevention tips: a visual guide
- Tips for cleaning, disinfecting your home
- Keep your phone clean but don't submerge it or bleach it
- "Simple, low-tech things": The government's coronavirus advice
- Coronavirus timeline: How the outbreak has unfolded
- Sign up for breaking news alerts
- More on coronavirus »
Additionally, the NCAA has suspended all recruiting on and off campus until at least April 15.