Each week I'll feature a handful of UVA sports-related tweets in this section dubbed Look 'Hoos Tweeting. Some will be informational in nature, but most will be humorous postings from current and past Wahoos who always have something to say. Without future adieu, here are this weeks top tweets!
1. @CoachMikeLondon ‘Parks and Mihota earn ACC honors' http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/28461/accs-players-of-the-week-15
Parks started off his college career with a bang, rushing for 114 yards and 3 touchdowns in one of the greatest Cavalier debuts in history. Of course, much of his success can be attributed to the offensive line - starting with center Anthony Mihota, who had 16 knockdown blocks during the romp of W&M. Look for these two to have another big week against an Indiana team that gave up over 200 yards rushing to Ball State in a opening day loss last weekend.
2. @Dom_Jo23 ‘just lost a follower…I hope the rest of your day is horrible whoever you are'
Current UVA defensive back, Dom Joseph, doesn't mess around when it comes to losing his Twitter followers. Let's just hope this person, whoever they are, didn't have too horrible of day on account of Dom's curse.
3. @DWatford5 ‘If she can’t use a comb, don’t bring her home’
Wise words from UVA true freshman quarterback David Watford, who clearly likes his women appropriately groomed at all times.
4. @Wahoos247 ‘As first reported by Wahoos247.com, Houston (TX) Stratford cornerback Kelvin Rainey is the 23rd commitment for UVA in the 2012 class.
[caption id="attachment_44" align="alignright" width="125" caption="Texas CB Kelvin Rainey became the Cavaliers 23rd commitment for the class of 2012."][/caption]
Jamie Oakes of Wahoos 247 is the best in the business when it comes to Virginia recruiting, and he'll let you know it too. Just look at the way he toots his own horn (just kidding, JO). Anyway, Rainey selected the Cavaliers after visting for the W&M game and gives Coach London a corner with great size (6'1) and natural instincts in the defensive backfield. With 3 or the 4 current starters in their last year of eligibility, this is a a critical pick up for UVA. And with a high fade like that, I'm sure he likes his women to be handy with a comb as well.
5. @djennings_cav6 ‘really don’t feel like going to class…but I can’t get on the field if my grades aint right’
It appears that true freshman wide receiver Darius Jennings, who looked really good in his 1st game as a Cavalier, is already tired of the 'ole school grind. At least he understands that the two are not mutually exclusive. Being that he was a great student in high school, I have a feeling DJ is going to do just fine as a student at UVA.
6. @tim_smith20 ‘married to the game…she always let me keep my hands on her, dnt talk, listens and getting me thru life lol chea’
[caption id="attachment_47" align="alignright" width="132" caption="Tim Smith made ESPN's #1 play with this spectacular catch last Saturday"][/caption]
That's how you get to the top of ESPN's top 10, folks. Pure dedication on the part of UVA starting wide receiver Tim Smith. Of course, there are some disadvantages that come with being married to the game. For starters, she always lets a bunch of other big, sweaty dudes keep their hands on her too. And she certainly can't cook dinner.
7. @Lbow70 ‘Well of course the rain stopped right when I get back to class…oh well now at least I don’t have to shower!’
If you were wondering if starting lineman for D1 football programs smelled as bad as they look, UVA guard Luke Bowanko has your answer.
8. @CL9ONE – 'Not to be outdone by my bro @jrLaurinaitus I did pan seared Chilean sea bass, sweet potatoes and kale'
[caption id="attachment_41" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Chef Long's Chilean Sea Bass"][/caption]
Hoo knew Chris Long, one of UVA's all time greats, was such a fine chef. He apparently was inspired by his St. Louis Ram teammate James Laurinaitus, who tweeted 'Pork chops wrapped in bacon, brown rice, grilled asparagus...' Chris prepared what appears to be a very well-rounded and tasty meal. He absolutely needs to work on the presentation, however [why is the kale just laying on the table?]. I'm afraid to say he might be chopped for that.Back to the Virginia Cavaliers Newsfeed