Writing Look 'Hoos Tweeting sure is a lot more fun coming off an exciting victory. The Twitter waves were a little sparse this week with Cavalier football team having a short week to prepare for their trip to South Beach and the basketball team now in the full throws of practice. No worries, however, as there were still a few gems out there to pick from. Lets get to it...
1. The UVA Twitterverse was hopping last night with the Cavaliers taking on the Hurricanes under the lights on ESPN. The basketball 'Hoos in particular took to Twitter, showing great support for their football brethren. I liked what future hardwood star Justin Anderson had to say:
@jdotanderson23 (future UVA shooting guard Justin Anderson) - The who? (Not the U) The #Hoos.
Yep, that pretty much sums up last night's game. Well done, Justin! We can't wait to see you get your time under the spotlight in JPJ.
2. @MakeDatMoneyUVA (UVA safety Mason Thomas) - Sitting next to this girl crushing her food. Ima send out a #fatgirltweet for her.
Just when you think the UVA female population has gotten itself in check, Mason Thomas let's us know that nothing could be further from the truth. There's nothing worse than watching a girl scarfing down pasta at 'O Hill. Of course, there are probably better ways of letting her know that than sending out a 'fat girl tweet', but to each their own. I wonder if she had facial hair...?
3. @Cavboi81 (UVA tight end Jay Mathis ) Ughhhh this dude is an L7 Weenie!!!
An L7 weenie? Seriously? People say that? I haven't heard that word used since watching The Sandlot when I was 10.
4. For the first time in the Look 'Hoos Tweeting installment, we have a Bieber sighting!
@Royal_Flush 82 (UVA wide receiver Kevin Royal) - @RhamelBratton Had the Bieber rockin all the way to DC Saturday…I was in the back secretly jamming.
I can see Kevin Royal secretly jamming to the Biebs. We all have skeletons in our closet. However, I would like to know why lax stud Rhamel Bratton is proudly rocking it in his car. I thought lacrosse was a man's sport for the 'bros'. There is nothing preppy about listening to the Biebs...unless, of course, his hair counts for something.
5. @EarlJay84 (UVA receiver Earl Scott) - Peeing in Gatorade bottles next to your bed when you don’t feel like getting up to walk to the bathroom>>>>>
Now I've done some pretty lazy things, but this has got to take the cake. First of all, you know EJ is living in a smaller apartment so the bathroom can't be that far away. And what if there's a spill? Too much can go wrong here. Kids these days...!
6. If the previous tweet from Mr. Scott didn't gross you out, perhaps this one will:
@EarlJay84 (UVA receiver Earl Scott) - Just found a long black hair in my tuna sub from Subway…still finished every bite of that joint tho.
Now that is just ridiculous. I'm fully aware that Subway's tuna is relatively tasteless, but that is no way to add some flavor to it. Furthermore, I struggle to get through a clean subway sandwich - how in the world can you finish every last bit of a hair filled foot long? Disgusting,
7. @Djennings_cav6 (UVA receiver Darius Jennings) - Its lovely havin chick fil a on campus. LOL
Ah, just when I thought I had lost my appetite Darius Jennings comes through with this masterpiece. Nothing, and I mean nothing, beat Chick Fil A.
8. After two straight games with a touchdown, Tim Smith felt pretty good of his chances to get there again during the Miami game:
@tim_smith20 (UVA receiver Tim Smith) - All ima say is I’m trying to be dancing Thursday night #straightup
And dance he did! Perhaps Coach Golden should check Twitter the next time he prepares his scouting report...
9. @Ajmitchell25 (UVA forward Akil Mitchell) - Hahahahhaha teaching my grandparents how to Skype
Oh, Akil. Such a nice boy. While he means well, I'm hear to warn him and everyone else that teaching your grandparents to use a computer is a very dangerous road to go down. First of, they will always be at their computer - trying to Skype you all the time, sending you e-mails, etc. While that is all fine and dandy, they forget that you are not at your computer all the time...now you'll have upset grandparents who think you are ignoring them (sorry, MooMoo). If that wasn't enough, it could be game over when your sweet 'ole granny learns to shop in the internet. Say goodbye to that inheritance. Finally, the internet is a dangerous place...full of smut, nastiness and perverts. Do you really want to subject your grandparents to that? I think not!
10. If you don't know, UVA'a mammoth tackle Morgan Moses and bite-sized running back Kevin Parks are close friends. Naturally, Coach London nicknamed the two 'Shrek' and 'Donkey' as it is quite entertaining to see the two walking around together. As any good friend should, Morgan always looks out for his little buddy - even when it means letting him know his Twitter avi is not very flattering.
@MORGANMOSES_78 (UVA tackle Morgan Moses) - @RealKevinParks tough avi but it makes u look even shorter like u don’t have knees
11. Speaking of pictures, quarterback David Watford tweeted an old school picture of him donning the UVA gear this past week - and the 'Hokies thought they had this kid locked up...
@DWatford5 (UVA quarterback David Watford) -#oldschool Madukes found this [see picture]
12. Last week, we learned that UVA guard Austin Pasztor is taking a golf class at UVA. It appears he's learning quickly...
@BigMullah63 (UVA guard Austin Pasztor) - Dude hitting the ball way too hard out here on the chipping green. #cmonson #fore
Don't you hate that guy?! First off, the sign clearly say 'Practice Green - No Chipping Allowed'. Secondly, there's no need to be sending people scattering in the practice green area while you shoot hosel rockets off your 60-degree wedge. #cmonson indeed!
13. We'll end this week's edition with a very rare Twitter achievement accomplished by one of the Cavalier's young football stars. Receiver Darius Jennings became a Twitter sensation last night after his outstanding performance on ESPN - becoming one of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter...which is a list of the 10 most referenced things / people / places / whatever in the world of Twitter. Congrats, DJ!
@djennings_cav6 (UVA receiver Darius Jennings) - I'm trending huh?? That's crazy. LOL.Back to the Virginia Cavaliers Newsfeed