While everyone waits for the Seattle Mariners to get back to playing meaningful games on the baseball diamond, one of the team's cornerstone players got some due recognition from MLB Network on their offseason "Top 10 Right Now!" program.
Recently they aired their "Top 10 Second Baseman Right Now" special, and Seattle's Robinson Cano topped their list.
Here's the full rundown of their top ten, courtesy of the Seattle Times' Ryan Divish:
Top 10 Second Basemen Right Now:
1. Robinson Cano, Seattle Mariners
2. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
3. Ben Zobrist, Oakland Athletics
4. Neil Walker, Pittsburgh Pirates
5. Ian Kinsler, Detroit Tigers
6. Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
7. Howie Kendrick, Los Angeles Dodgers
8. Chase Utley, Philadelphia Phillies
9. Brian Dozier, Minnesota Twins
10. Scooter Gennett, Milwaukee Brewers
In his first year with the Mariners in 2014, Cano posted a sterling .314/.382/.454 slash line with 14 home runs, 82 RBIs, and a 68/61 K/BB ratio. He has nine years and $216 million left on the 10-year deal he signed with the club last offseason.Back to the Seattle Mariners Newsfeed