From now until the 2020 NFL Draft takes place, we hope to showcase as many prospects as possible and examine both their strengths and weaknesses. Most of these profiles will feature individuals that the Pittsburgh Steelers are likely to have an interest in, while a few others will be top-ranked players. If there is a player you would like us to analyze, let us know in the comments below.
#84 Colby Parkinson / TE Stanford – 6’7” 251
- Very good size, hands and catch radius
- Has the entire route tree open to him from multiple on field alignments
- Can make the difficult catch and take a hit and hold on
- Has mismatch potential at the next level to go over and box out smaller defenders
- Understanding of body and hand positioning as a run blocker
- Good blocker in space and solid on the second level
- Declared for draft after his junior year
- Must improve ability to separate and overall route running
- Improve handling of press coverage and physical defenders
- Doesn’t create a lot after the catch by breaking tackles
- Not going to create a lot of movement as an inline blocker
- Little Pass Pro experience in games watched
- Career – 87 receptions, 1,171 yards, 13.