From now until the 2020 NFL Draft takes place, we hope to showcase as many prospects as possible and examine both their strengths and weaknesses. Most of these profiles will feature individuals that the Pittsburgh Steelers are likely to have an interest in, while a few others will be top-ranked players. If there is a player you would like us to analyze, let us know in the comments below.
#16 Quez Watkins / WR Southern Mississippi – 6001 185
- Fast (4.35 40) with good acceleration off the LOS
- Very good hands plucking the ball away from his body
- Majority of his work was in the short and deep passing areas
- Tracks the deep ball well
- Good ball skills along the sideline and contested catches
- Handling of Press coverage
- Decelerates out of his break on his routes
- Didn’t create after the catch by breaking tackles or making many miss
- Made executive decision on some routes over the middle
- Lacks play strength to sustain blocks
- Didn’t produce much as a runner in limited opportunities
- Career – 159 receptions, 2,404 yards, 15.