From now until the 2020 NFL Draft takes place, we hope to showcase as many prospects as possible and examine both their strengths and weaknesses. Most of these profiles will feature individuals that the Pittsburgh Steelers are likely to have an interest in, while a few others will be top-ranked players. If there is a player you would like us to analyze, let us know in the comments below.
#1 L’Jarius Sneed / DB Louisiana Tech – 6004 192
- Comfortable in Press Man coverage with good jam
- Aggressive mentality near the LOS
- Hand placement and leverage to shed blockers at the LOS
- Some positional flexibility playing corner and safety
- Good ball skills and ability to return INTs
- Willing to set the edge playing corner
- Tight hips and leave him in disadvantageous position
- Can be manipulated to open his hip too early in coverage
- Very grabby within the route
- Lacked aggressiveness playing safety that he showed at corner
- Didn’t get involved often vs the run playing deep
- Marginal tackler lacking pop and technique
- 51 games, 33 starts
- Career – 177 tackles, 126 solo, 5.