From now until the 2018 NFL Draft takes place, we hope to showcase as many prospects as possible and examine both their strengths and weaknesses. Most of these profiles will feature individuals that the Pittsburgh Steelers are likely to have an interest in, while a few others will be top-ranked players. If there is a player you would like us to analyze, let us know in the comments below.
#21 Kerryon Johnson / RB / 6’0 212 lbs
– Patient, waits for blocking to settle if no initial hole is present
– Frequently asked to pass block, gives it his all in pass protection
– Intense toughness, does not shy away from contact, lowers his shoulder to punish defenders
– Does have lateral agility capable of making defenders miss in the open field
– Excellent vision
– Gets skinny in the hole
– Durability concerns, dealt with shoulder and rib injuries down the stretch in 2017
– Pass protection could use some minor polishing
– Susceptible to getting caught in the back field waiting for a hole to develop
– Lacks breakaway speed and elite quickness
– 2017 SEC Offensive Player of the Year
– 2017: 285 carries, 1391 yards, 4.