Back to the NHL Newsfeed

Zamboni Catches on Fire, Captured on Video at Youth Hockey Practice in New York

A youth hockey practice in New York turned into a scary situation on Wednesday night when a Zamboni caught fire on the ice.

A spectator at the ice rink captured video of the incident:

Per Rochester's local ABC affiliate WHAM 13, the fire was caused when a hose on the Zamboni broke and caused fluid to leak on the motor. reported the fire was put out before the fire department arrived at the facility and no injuries were reported.

The incident occurred at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex in Rochester, New York.