The 2023 Senior Bowl (and the critically-important practices) is now the books and NFL Daily host Tom Downey is here with a look at some Senior Bowl Winners and Losers. The 2023 NFL Draft process is ramping up, with the Senior Bowl playing a huge role. Those include some NFL Draft Sleepers, risers and fallers as we hear the NFL Draft rumors start to grow closer to the 2023 NFL Draft. With the NFL Draft just a few months away, the Senior Bowl was a huge opportunity for players to improve their stock. Check out the Senior Bowl Winners and losers in the video above and below (with Senior Bowl takeaways further down!)
Senior Bowl quarterback reaction and scouting notes:
- Jake Haener (Fresno): 12/19, 139 yards (7.3 avg), 1 TD. He was named Senior Bowl Game MVP.
- Malik Cunningham (Louisville): 3/5, 49 yards (9.8 avg), 1 INT; 5 carries, 22 yards, 1 TD
- Max Duggan (TCU): 4/9, 26 yards (2.9 avg)
- Tyson Bagent (Shepherd): 17/22, 138 yards (6.3 avg), 1 INT
- Clayton Tune (Houston): 9/12 (70 yards), 5.8 avg
- Jaren Hall: did not play in the actual Senior Bowl.
2023 Senior Bowl Winners (and brief NFL Draft scouting reports on them):
- Tyjae Spears (RB, Tulane): Just looked awesome in both the running game and a pass catching game. Probably the best player there this week. Size and medicals the big issues
- Eric Gray (RB, Oklahoma): Explosive player for the Sooners was that this week. He and Spears won Awards for their practice efforts.
- Jayden Reed (WR, Michigan State): Only 1 catch for 25 yards in the game, but was awesome at practices. You guys were right who commented about me not mentioning him in our preview video. He’s very good.
- Michael Wilson (WR, Stanford): Bigger prospect helped himself all week long. Capped off with 4 catches for 70 yards and a TD. Throw in his special teams value and his draft floor is higher than you’d think.
- Nathaniel Dell (WR, Houston): “Tank” Dell is undersized but this event is perfect for him. He cooked so many dudes with his speed and quickness.
- Luke Musgrave (TE, Oregon State): Could be a sneaky Round 1 pick. He’s very athletic.
- Darnell Wright (OT, Tennessee): Had one of the better weeks among a quality group of offensive linemen
- John Michael Schmitz (C, Minnesota): Had one of the top 2 weeks among offensive lineman. Held his own repeatedly and could be the first center drafted.
- O’Cyrus Torrence (OG, Florida): My favorite player at the Senior Bowl and should go in the 1st round. Not perfect this week, but he’s got the ability.
- Sydney Brown (S, Illinois): the twin brother of Chase Brown (RB, Illinois) had a quality showing and helping himself.
- Keeanu Benton (DT, Wisconsin): Big boy looked like a better pass rusher than I thought. Had maybe the best week of anyone.
- Karl Brooks (DT, Bowling Green): He also performed well up front.
- Adetomiwa Adebawore (DL, Northwestern): Undersized but played with great power. Liked his week.
- Keion White (EDGE, Georgia Tech): Didn’t wow the way a guy with some 1st round buzz might in the practices, but did reportedly fare well with the coaches. That matters a lot.
- Will McDonald IV (EDGE, Iowa State): Not sure about his run stopping, but the pass rush ability is there.
- Ivan Pace (LB, Cincinnati): He’s very undersized, but flashed the athletic ability and had 10 tackles in the game.
- Daiyan Henley (LB, Washington): There were questions about his coverage - he stepped up this week.
- Riley Moss (CB, Iowa): Possible Day 2 pick had a quality week. He’s one of several CBs who impressed.
- Julius Brents (CB, Kansas State): longer corner who flashed.
- Darius Rush (CB, South Carolina): the “other” South Carolina CB is also really good! He had a fantastic week.
- Anthony Johnson (DB, Virginia): had a pick-6 in the game
Love the NFL? Subscribe to Chat Sports for the tons of 2023 NFL Draft coverage. Click the button below!
Senior Bowl Losers this year (and thought on their 2023 NFL Draft Stock):
- Dawand Jones (OT, Ohio State): stole the show at weigh-ins with his arm length and then left after day 1 due to alleged concussion-like symptoms (headache). Some buzz that maybe he wasn’t tested like scouts wanted to see in the first day of practices and left on a high note.
- Cody Mauch (OL, North Dakota State): He’s still my guy, but the move to OG wasn’t seamless. Plenty of upside, but work to be done.
- Isaiah Foskey (EDGE, Notre Dame): There are some traits here (and production too), but he needs good coaching. The lack of a pass rush plan hurts.
- Stetson Bennett (QB, Georgia): He wasn’t at the Senior Bowl, instead chose to skip the event … and get arrested for public intoxication in Dallas.
Make sure to subscribe to Chat Sports on YouTube!Back to the NFL Newsfeed
Related Topics: senior bowl losers, senior bowl winners, Senior Bowl Winners And Losers, nfl draft 2023, NFL Draft Fallers, NFL Draft News, nfl draft sleepers, NFL Draft Rumors, Senior Bowl, 2023 nfl draft, NFL Draft Risers, nfl senior bowl, NFL Draft, senior bowl 2023