ESPN analyst Mel Kiper released the fourth edition of his 2016 NFL Mock Draft on Wednesday. Given that there was nearly a month between this mock and his last one, there were several changes throughout his top 10 selections. In fact, only three players -- including the top two NCAA stars off the board -- stayed static.
The San Diego Chargers set off the chain reaction at No. 3, switching from Notre Dame OT Ronnie Staley to Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey, who was previously slotted at No. 9 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ramsey's higher ceiling was the main reason for his rise, according to Kiper, and even led to him getting a mention at No. 1.
Speaking of the first pick, the Tennessee Titans stuck with Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil due to their glaring needs on the offensive line. Despite the Cleveland Browns' recent addition of Robert Griffin III, North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz remained at No. 2. Ohio State DE Joey Bosa and UCLA LB Myles Jack both jumped up multiple spots to round out the top five.
Mel Kiper's Top 10 (Mock Draft 4.0)
1) Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
2) Cleveland Browns: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
3) San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
4) Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
5) Jacksonville Jaguars: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
6) Baltimore Ravens: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
7) San Francisco 49ers: Jared Goff, QB, California
8) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami): DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
9) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ronnie Staley, OT, Notre Dame
10) New York Giants: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
Related Topics: Mel Kiper Jr., Jack Conklin, DeForest Buckner, Jared Goff, NFL Draft News, Jalen Ramsey, Joey Bosa, Laremy Tunsil, Ezekiel Elliott, NFL Draft Rumors, NFL Draft Prospects, Ronnie Staley, Carson Wentz, Myles Jack, 2016 NFL Draft