Week 6 of the NFL season is upon us. We're at the point in the season where contending and pretending teams start separating from each other. There's plenty of intrigue to be had heading into Sunday, and we're here to give you 10 bullet points to prep you for a day of sitting around and watching football, also called a perfect day.
1. How does E.J. Manuel far? Tyrod Taylor is unlikely to play for the Buffalo Bills, which means Manuel gets the start against the Cincinnati Bengals. That's a tough matchup for Manuel, who may or may not have LeSean McCoy and Sammy Watkins.
2. Which Kirk Cousins will show up this week? The one who doesn't turn the ball over or the one who throws back-shattering INTs? Against the New York Jets, my money is on Cousins turning the ball over at least twice.
3. The Chiefs are without Jamaal Charles this weekend against the Minnesota Vikings. So who will get the bulk of the carries, and most importantly, can Alex Smith carry the offense? The Chiefs must win this game to keep their playoff hopes alive.
4. The Lions face the Bears this weekend, and this is a great chance for the Lions to get a win. For the Bears, a win over the Lions could be enough to insert themselves into the playoff race. No, seriously, they'd be 3-3.
5. The Texans and the Jaguars face off, in a battle that could decide who comes in last place in the AFC South.
6. How will the Dolphins respond to new head coach Dan Campbell? It's Miami's first game since Joe Philbin was fired, and the extra preparation time could be a boost that propels Miami to a win.
7. The Panthers play the Seahawks, in a game that the Panthers need to win to prove they are legit. Carolina has yet to beat a serious contender, something that would change with a win this weekend. This has the makings of one of the best games this weekend.
8. Baltimore is 1-4, with their playoff hopes hanging on by a thread. The game against the 49ers is a must-win if John Harbaugh's squad wants to turn things around.
9. How will Andrew Luck play in his first game back? Luck has missed the past few games with a shoulder injury, but the Colts need him to play well if they want to beat the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.
10. Which undefeated team(s) will lose? The Falcons already lost Thursday Night, and I've got a feeling they won't be the only one this weekend.Back to the NFL Newsfeed