Week 8 of the college football season kicked off on Thursday with an upset as the #20 California Golden Bears fell hard in Southern California in a brutal 40-24 loss to the UCLA Bruins. The #22 Temple Owls held serve, on the other hand, stifling East Carolina Pirates 24-14. Those games were just the teasers for what's going to be an amazing slate of games on Saturday. With that in mind, here's our College Football Injury News & Rumors: Our Week 8 Roundup.
* JT Barrett has officially replaced Cardale Jones as the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes' starting quarterback.
* The Texas Longhorns have come to terms on a 15-year apparel deal with Nike.
* Georgia Bulldogs RB Nick Chubb is set for knee surgery that HC Mark Richt says will take place "within the next week."
* Wisconsin Badgers RB Corey Clement is making progress from a surgically repaired sports hernia, but his status remains uncertain for the coming weeks.
* Tables turn as #17 Oklahoma Sooners QB Baker Mayfield faces his old Texas Tech teammates this week.
* #4 TCU Horned Frogs former starting LB Mike Freeze has decided to sever ties with the program after an indefinite leave of absence.
* USC Trojans commits are reconsidering in the wake of HC Steve Sarkisian's firing.
* UCLA Bruins DB Ishmael Adams was charged Monday with misdemeanor battery stemming from an August incident involving an Uber driver.
* Oregon Ducks HC Mark Helfrich says he believes "100 percent" in his coaching staff despite a national call for him to change assistants.
* Auburn Tigers DE Carl Lawson is off his crutches and could return soon to the team.
* Texas A&M Aggies LB Otaro Alaka will miss the rest of the season with elbow and labrum injuries, but he should be ready to start the 2016 season.
Back to the NCAA Newsfeed
Related Topics: Nick Chubb, Ishmael Adams, Mark Helfrich, Mike Freeze, Corey Clement, Otaro Alaka, Carl Lawson, Cardale Jones, Steve Sarkisian, JT Barrett