We are now in the final week of the college football regular season, and while some teams are focused on conference championship games and competing for the College Football Playoff, others are dealing with coaching changes. Both Purdue and LSU are looking to replace coaches that were fired during the regular season, and Texas is looking for Charlie Strong's replacement, who has been informed he will be fired after they play TCU on Friday. Then there's Baylor, who is still looking for a permanent head coach after firing Art Briles in the offseason. So, as the coaching carousel begins to turn, here are all the latest news and rumors you need to know:
- Texas has already reached out to Houston head coach Tom Herman's agent, targeting him to take over the program after they fire Strong. Herman is asking for at least a five-year, $30 million deal.
- If Texas hires Herman, LSU will hire either Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher or current interim coach Ed Orgeron, reports Steven Godfrey of SB Nation. Herman will be added to the mix if the Longhorns hire someone else.
- LSU has North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora, Virginia Tech head coach Justin Fuente and Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre in their second group of favorites if they can't lure Fisher away from Florida State, reports Sonny Shipp of 247sports.
- Purdue is targeting fired LSU head coach Les Miles and current Western Michigan head coach P.J. Fleck, reports Travis Haney of 247sports.
- Miles is also one of Baylor's top targets, according to Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports.Back to the NCAA Newsfeed
Related Topics: Big 12 Football, SEC Football, LSU Tigers Football, NCAA Football, College Football Coaching Rumors, Baylor Bears Football, Big Ten Football, Purdue Boilermakers Football, Texas Longhorns Football, Tom Herman, Charlie Strong