March Madness is right around the corner as fans prepare for the NCAA tournament. As major conference tournaments are underway, some automatic bids have been given out, while other teams are still awaiting their fate.
Selection Sunday is March 16, and the first round of the tournament is March 18-19. For those who are bursting at the seams for the fun to begin, here are ten things that might hype you up a little bit more (as if you need it).
1. Prediction brackets are being slapped on the internet and sports television programs daily.
2. There are many opportunities to enter bracketology contests that offer cash (outside of your office).
3. For the first time since 1991, there is an undefeated team: Wichita State.
"We're not flawless," Coach Gregg Marshall said. "Our record is flawless."
4. We all remember last season's National Championship game between Michigan and Louisville...
5. There are always Cinderellas!
For tips on how to find potential teams that fit the Cinderella mold, check this site out.
6. There are quite a few teams on top of their game right now, like:
7. A number 1 seed has NEVER lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
Will it happen this year?
8. BUBBLE WATCH!
Teams like Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Florida State and Georgetown are in the bubble, some closer to the tournament than others. Visit the tourney bubble to keep an eye out on your favorite team.
9. Hoping your team makes it to this moment:
10. Chat Sports now has a mobile app where you can keep up with the NCAA tournament and your favorite teams during March Madness. Download it here!
Whether you're ready or not, the madness is coming.
Back to the NCAA Newsfeed