Tonight is the final night of the NBA regular season, and while there is only one playoff team still to be decided, there are plenty of seeding scenarios at play. The New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder, and San Antonio Spurs all clinched playoff berths on Monday night, and the final playoff spot in the West will be decided on Wednesday night when the Minnesota Timberwolves will host the Denver Nuggets.
Here is a breakdown of the current standings in each conference along with the scenarios in play during tonight's games:
1) Toronto Raptors (59-22)
2) Boston Celtics (54-27)
3) Philadelphia 76ers (51-30)
4) Cleveland Cavaliers (50-31)
5) Indiana Pacers (48-34)
6) Milwaukee Bucks (44-37)
7) Miami Heat (43-38)
8) Washington Wizards (43-38)
- Toronto has clinched the No. 1 seed (and second-best record in the NBA).
- Boston has clinched the No. 3 seed.
- If Philadelphia wins OR Cleveland loses, the 76ers be the No. 3 seed. If Cleveland wins AND Philadelphia loses, the Cavs will be the No. 3 seed.
- Indiana has clinched the No. 5 seed.
- Milwaukee, Miami, and Washington all could finish No. 6, No. 7, or No. 8 depending on the outcome of tonight's games.
Catch up on nightly NBA scores in the best sports app available - the Chat Sports App!
1) Houston Rockets (65-16)
2) Golden State Warriors (58-24)
3) Utah Jazz (48-33)
4) Portland Trail Blazers (48-33)
5) New Orleans Pelicans (47-34)
6) San Antonio Spurs (47-34)
7) Oklahoma City Thunder (47-34)
8) Minnesota Timberwolves (46-35)
9) Denver Nuggets (46-35)
- Houston has clinched the No. 1 seed (and the best record in the league).
- Golden State has clinched the No. 2 seed.
- Portland will host Utah tonight, with the winner claiming the No. 3 seed in the West. Portland will be the No. 4 seed with a loss, yet Utah can drop to No. 5 if they lose AND the Thunder win.
- San Antonio, Oklahoma City, and New Orleans could all be anywhere from No. 4 through No. 8 depending on the outcome of tonight's games.
- Minnesota will host Denver tonight, with the winner claiming the final playoff spot in the West while the other will be eliminated. Minnesota would finish anywhere from No. 5 through No. 8 if they win. Denver will be No. 5, No. 6, or No. 7 if they win.