UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor and legendary boxer Manny Pacquiao are in negotiations for another mega-fight similar to McGregor's boxing match against Floyd Mayweather earlier this year, according to Jim White of SkySports.
In the boxing world, reports tonight Manny Pacquiao -39 later this month - has confirmed he's opened talks to fight Conor McGregor in April next year.— Jim White (@JimWhite) December 8, 2017
"Initially," Pacquiao said of negotiations between the two. "But we have not yet had any follow-up conversations. If we can negotiate it, I have no problem. It is OK with both of us."
Pacquiao had hinted at a possible fight between the two with this Instagram post with the caption, “Happy Thanksgiving! Stay fit my friend. #realboxingmatch #2018.”
Pacquiao's last fight came on July 2 when he lost to Jeff Horn by unanimous decision, though many thought Pacquiao had won the fight.
Yesterday, when speaking with his sponsor Betsafe, McGregor hinted at a potential return to boxing, saying his 2018 compensation would "accurately reflect" his influence.
“My focus is getting back into the right ring or octagon," McGregor said. "2017 was historic. I have transcended both the sport of MMA and boxing. At this stage of my career, as it has been for the majority of my UFC career, potential opponents must lobby for fights with me. We could see Conor McGregor anywhere. I run the fight game, the fashion game, the whiskey game, or whatever the next business endeavor might be. I have every intention of fighting in 2018 if my compensation and business development endeavors accurately reflect my influence on combat sports.”
It remains to be seen if McGregor will return to the UFC - president Dana White has said he may never return to the octagon - and he appears to be pursuing big-money boxing matches instead.
Follow our MMA page for all the latest news surrounding this fight!Back to the MMA Newsfeed