MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Behind the best starting pitching performance of the season, a 13-strikeout, eight-inning outing from LHP Dalton Fowler (ND), the Memphis Tigers (12-11, 0-2) were four defensive outs away from snapping a five-game losing streak before the Tulane Green Wave (18-9-1, 2-0) got a game-tying two-out eighth inning home run from LF Simon Baumgardt and then scored three times in the ninth to win the middle game of the weekend set 5-2 over the Tigers. Fowler allowed two runs on four hits and walked three in the no-decision.
Memphis: 2, Tulane: 5
WP: Chandler Welch (3-0)
LP: Blake Wimberley (1-3)
SV: Zach DeVito (6)
How it happened:
- Fowler walked the first batter that he faced, as RF Ethan Groff drew the free pass and later scored on an RBI groundout by C Bennett Lee
- The Memphis starter then worked out of a bases loaded jam in the third and faced just one over the minimum from the fourth through seventh innings
- The Tigers tied the game in the home half of the second, as 1B Chris Swanberg's RBI single made it 1-1
- LF Braden Webb led off the bottom of the third with a base hit off of LHP Dylan Carmouche (ND) and scored on a two-out RBI single by DH Jacob Compton, which gave the Tigers their only lead of the day, 2-1
- A quartet of Tulane relief pitchers faced just one over the minimum over the final 4.