Tyrann Mathieu, also known as Honey Badger, is a sophomore CB playing for the Alabama Crimson Tide who is a finalist in the 2011 Heisman Trophy Award. This season Mathieu has a total of 71 tackles, 54 solo tackles and 17 assisted tackles, 1.5 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, and 2 interceptions. Mathieu also plays special teams, recording 26 punt returns for 420 yards, with 2 returned for a touchdown, and the longest return was 92 yards.
Here is a list of other awards he has received this season:
- 2011 Finalist for Heisman Trophy Award
- 2011 SEC Championship Game MVP
- 2011 SEC Defensive Player of the Year Award (AP)
- 2011 Finalist Walter Camp Player of the Year Award
- 2011 Cotton Bowl Defensive Most Outstanding Player
Enjoy this video as well highlighting his performance this season.
Back to the LSU Tigers Newsfeed