Hey, everyone is doing it. We decided to join the party and make our first round predictions for the 2013 NFL Draft. Check it out!
1) Kansas City Chiefs- OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
2) Jacksonville Jaguars- DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
3) Oakland Raiders- DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
4) Philadelphia Eagles- OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
5) Detroit Lions- DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
6) Cleveland Browns- CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
7) Arizona Cardinals- OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
8 ) Buffalo Bills- WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
9) New York Jets- DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
10) Tennessee Titans- OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
11) San Diego Chargers- OG Jonathan Cooper, UNC
12) Miami Dolphins- CB DJ Hayden, Houston
13) New York Jets (via TB)- TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
14) Carolina Panthers- DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
15) New Orleans Saints- DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
16) St. Louis Rams- S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
17) Pittsburgh Steelers- DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
18) Dallas Cowboys- S Eric Reid, LSU
19) New York Giants- OT DJ Fluker, Alabama
20) Chicago Bears- Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
21) Cincinnati Bengals- S Matt Elam, Florida
22) St. Louis Rams (via WAS)- LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
23) Minnesota Vikings- WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
24) Indianapolis Colts- OG Larry Warford, Kentucky
25) Minnesota Vikings (via SEA)- Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
26) Green Bay Packers- RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
27) Houston Texans- WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
28) Denver Broncos- DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.
29) New England Patriots- CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
30) Atlanta Falcons- DE Tank Carradine, Florida St.
31) San Francisco 49ers- TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
32) Baltimore Ravens- Keenan Allen, Cal
So, I have your Rams upgrading an already stout defense with a great safety to solidify the secondary in Vaccaro and then the Rams would snag Ogletree to pair with Dunbar and Laurinaitis. This would give the Rams one of the best defenses in the game.
On the downside, the team does not grab a wide reciever or a running back in the first round. I think the Rams like DeAndre Hopkins a lot at WR, and I believe they can get him in the second round.
At running back, the class is very thin. With Lacy off the board, who knows what the Rams would do. I guess my choice would be either Montee Ball or Le'Veon Bell in a later round. Either way, they should take a chance on somebody at some point.
I also would not be surprised to see the team snag Chris Long's baby brother Kyle in the second round. Kyle could immediately line up at guard opposite of Harvey Dahl. All of the sudden, the Rams would have a pretty nice offensive line.
So that's it folks. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Let me know! Happy draft day football fans!
Back to the Los Angeles Rams Newsfeed