With the NBA draft this Thursday, Lake Show Life has a power ranking of the Lakers' biggest needs to address. Of course, Los Angeles only has only one pick this draft, the 48th overall in the second round (the Lakers sent their first round pick to Cleveland in the trade for Ramon Sessions), so it's not like all of these questions will be answered. But they nonetheless serve as a good look at the biggest holes the Lakers need to fill to be successful.
- Depth at small forward - so Metta World Peace doesn't have to play all game (if he even stays)
- Power forward with range - someone who can stretch the D and nail a three-ball
- Athleticism - the Lakers are old. Even Kobe says it. Mike D'Antoni teams can't be old
- Depth at the 2-guard - self-explanatory
- A physical big man - a high-energy player not afraid to bang around down low
That's the summary, but head over to Lake Show Life for some more detailed descriptions on why these are the spots to address.
Lake Show Life: Power Ranking the Lakers Biggest Draft Needs
Chat Sports: Los Angeles Lakers Rumors & Breaking NewsBack to the Los Angeles Lakers Newsfeed