With Kentucky Basketball’s Pro Day set for October 6th at the Joe Craft Center, coach John Calipari shared a recent progress report on player development as he held a roundtable discussion with the media in between recruiting stops.
Most notably, Calipari said that everyone on the roster has shown signs of improvement. Here’s a quick summary:
- Nick Richards has shown more confidence with the ball
- EJ Montgomery has changed his body and continues to work on his craft
- Tyrese Maxey can really score and was compared to Jamal Murray
- Ashton Hagans and Immanuel Quickley are both better shooters
- Kahlil Whitney and Keion Brooks can each play the four in a “small ball” lineup
- Nate Sestina and Johnny Juzang are even better than expected
Not mentioned in Coach Cal’s preseason analysis was incoming freshman Dontaie Allen, the former Kentucky Mr.