STATESBORO - With the kickoff of the 2022 football season 40 days away, the Georgia Southern Athletics Department has announced its plans to celebrate 40 years of Eagle football in the modern era.
As part of the celebration, several items are planned for throughout the season. Among them are:
- 40th-anniversary pennants for fans at a game;
- 40th-anniversary commemorative stickers available throughout the season;
- Special recognitions of former players, coaches, administrators, donors and fans throughout the season;
- Free specialized posters at every game;
- Moments honoring our national championship teams and iconic moments in Georgia Southern football history at each game;
- The 40th Anniversary logo sticker will adorn the back of the Eagles' football helmets all season;
- Signage throughout Paulson Stadium to celebrate 40 years;
- Photo moments and opportunities for fans to join the 40-year celebration at each game;
- The 40th-anniversary logo has been made available to retailers to sell officially licensed apparel and items - which benefits the athletic department due to its licensing agreement - at their stores
Finally, Eagle Nation will be able to select the All-40th Anniversary Team, as we honor the great Eagles of the past.