EVANSVILLE, Ind. – A berth in the 2019 Missouri Valley Conference Tournament is on the line this weekend when the Purple Aces volleyball team travels to Bradley and Illinois State. UE takes on the Braves on Friday at 6 p.m. before facing the Redbirds on Saturday at 5 p.m. in Normal, Ill.
So What Needs to Happen?
- There are several ways the Aces can clinch a spot in the first MVC Tournament since 2008
- The Aces can punch their ticket with a win
- If Indiana State loses either match this weekend, the Aces would clinch
- The final way is if Missouri State defeats Southern Illinois on Friday
- Evansville split its final home weekend of the season
- On Friday, UE defeated Missouri State by a 3-1 final with Alondra Vazquez setting her career mark with 29 kills
- Melanie Feliciano added 22 while Gabriela Macedo recorded 34 digs and Allana McInnis added 56 assists
- Saturday's Senior Night saw Southern Illinois pick up the win over the Aces in five sets
- As a team, the Aces had a program record of 126 digs with Macedo tallying 33 and Vazquez posting 24
- Rachel Tam and Feliciano each set career highs with 23 and 21, respectively
- Feliciano led the offense with 21 kills
- UE is not only near the top of the conference rankings in several categories, but is also impressive on a national scale
- With 39.