Detroit Tigers News: Jim Leyland's Coaching Highlights With The Tigers
Jim Leyland was the manager of the Detroit Tigers for 8 seasons, leading them to 2 World Series appearances in his tenure. Below is a list of his top accomplishments in a decorated time with Detroit.
* 700-597 record in the regular season
* 2 World Series appearances (2006,2012)
* 4 ALCS appearances (2006, 2011-13)
* 3 AL Central Championships (2011-13)
* 2006 AL Manager of the Year
* Managed a Triple Crown winner (Miguel Cabrera, 2012)
* Managed 2011 Cy Young winner (Justin Verlander)
* Managed 2 AL MVP's, possibly 3 in 2013 (Verlander 2011, Cabrera 2012
Although he accomplished all of the above, the Tigers went through some tough years in 2007-10, missing the playoffs for 4 straight seasons. Leyland will go down as one of the most successful baseball managers in the historu of the Tigers, but could have bolstered he status by winning a World Series, which he fell short of doing.
Back to the Detroit Tigers Newsfeed