Former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz was released from Massachusetts General Hospital on Friday, a source told ESPN's Enrique Rojas.
Ortiz had been in the Boston hospital since June 10, one day after he was shot in the Dominican Republic.
"David has been home since Friday," a family source told Rojas. "At home he will be assisted by full-time nurses and will be visited regularly by his personal doctor. He will continue to undergo all the treatment and rehabilitation necessary to recuperate from his recent injury and surgeries."
Ortiz, 43, has undergone three surgeries related to the gunshot wound and ensuing complications.