CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – Sixth-ranked Boston College officially opens its 98th season of men's hockey on Friday night (Oct. 11) with a 7 p.m. faceoff against No. 15 Wisconsin at Kelley Rink. The game will air live on NESNplus and WEEI 850 AM. The Eagles then travel to face Colgate on Sunday (Oct. 13) at 4 p.m. on ESPN+ in Hamilton, New York.
OFF AND RUNNING
• Boston College received goals from four different players and beat reigning Canadian University Cup champion New Brunswick 4-2 last Saturday in exhibition action at Kelley Rink
• 10 different Eagles registered a point in the victory, including three freshmen
• The Varsity Reds opened the scoring with six minutes left in the first period, but goals from David Cotton and Jack McBain in the final 2:07 of the frame gave BC the lead for good
• Making their debuts in the maroon and gold, forwards Matt Boldy and Mike Hardman each lit the lamp in the second period to put the Eagles up 4-1 through two
• Rookie netminder Spencer Knight saw 40 minutes of action in net and stopped 20 of the 21 shots he faced, while classmate Jack Moffatt played the third period and made 15 saves
• Defensemen Mitch Andres, Drew Helleson and Marshall Warren also made their unofficial collegiate debuts
SCOUTING THE BADGERS
• The Badgers went 14-18-5 overall and 9-10-5-2 in the BIG 10 last year, falling in three games at Penn State in the BIG 10 First Round
• Sean Dhooghe led the team in scoring last year with 15 goals and 26 points
• Wisconsin brings in a talented rookie class which includes 2019 fifth overall pick Alex Turcotte (Los Angeles), 15th overall pick Cole Caufield (Montreal), and projected 2020 first round pick Dylan Holloway
• Daniel Lebedeff made 26 starts between the pipes last year as a rookie with an 11-12-2 reocrd, 3.