CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – In the penultimate event of the EISA season, the Boston College alpine ski team heads to western Massachusetts for the Williams Carnival at Jiminy Peak this weekend on Feb. 14-15. The giant slalom begins at 9:15 a.m. on Friday, while the slalom follows on Saturday at 9:15 a.m.
• The Eagles competed at the Bates Carnival last weekend at Sunday River in Newry, Maine
• Sophomore Trent Gutstein led the way for the men with the 10th-fastest time in the second slalom run and moved up to finish 18th overall
• Co-captain Chris Bertram fought through the ruts and weather and moved up from 40th to finish 24th
• Parker Biele blazed down the giant slalom course for sixth place and held onto that spot in the second run
• Teammate Sophia Staudenmayer also got into the scoring and finished 29th among college racers in the GS
• The EISA Championships will be contested at the Middlebury Carnival in Vermont in two weeks (Feb.