Alabama football’s Jahleel Billingsley has been named to the 2021 John Mackey Watch List announced today by the Friends of John Mackey.
Billingsley is among 56 candidates from around the country named to the preseason list. A member of the Crimson Tide has not taken home the Mackey in the award’s history.
Tight End, Junior
- Came into his own at tight end as a sophomore, building momentum late to carry over into his junior season
- Totaled 18 receptions for 287 yards in 2020 with 17 of those receptions and 274 of his yards coming across the final seven games
- Made his catches count as a sophomore, recording a first down or a touchdown on 14 of his 18 receptions
- Added kickoff return to his responsibilities late in the 2020 slate, totaling five returns for 89 yards with a long return of 27
- Played in nine games as a freshman, recording two receptions for 16 yards
The Mackey Award has been presented annually since 2000 by the Friends of John Mackey to recognize the top tight end in college football.