Alabama basketball played its worst game of 2020 in Saturday’s regular-season final against the Missouri Tigers. If possible, the loss was worse than the 19-point, 69-50 deficit. Missouri came out on top in every facet of the game.
The stats listed below are bad enough. Most disappointing for the followers of Alabama basketball was the way the Crimson Tide finished the game. It is not unfair to say the Tide quit in the last five minutes.
Alabama vs. Missouri Stats
- Field Goal Percentage: Alabama 30 percent; Missouri 42 percent
- 3PT Field Goal Percentage: Alabama 16 percent; Missouri 26 percent
- Free Throw Percentage: Alabama 69 percent; Missouri 80 percent
- Turnovers: Alabama 18; Missouri 16
- Rebounds: Alabama 27; Missouri 42
- Points in the Paint: Alabama 18; Missouri 28
- Fast Break Points: Alabama 4; Missouri 12
- Blocks: Alabama 1; Missouri 3
- Steals: Alabama 6; Missouri 9
- Assists: Alabama 7; Missouri 12
- Bench Points: Alabama 5; Missouri 40
Alabama basketball coach Nate Oats must be as disappointed as Crimson Tide fans.