Alabama Crimson Tide wide receiver Amari Cooper put on an absolute show in the team's 55-44 victory over the Auburn Tigers in Saturday's Iron Bowl, catching 13 balls for a rivalry-record 224 yards and three touchdowns.
Per Thomas O'Toole of USA Today, "the 6-1 junior from Miami jumped from fifth place to a solid third in this week's USA TODAY Sports Heisman survey" thanks to his amazing night in front of a raucous crowd in Tuscaloosa."
Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota held steady at #1 after he captained a 47-19 beating of the rival Oregon State Beavers in a road clash on Saturday. The nation's leading rusher, Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon, also remained in position at #2 with the Badgers primed to play spoilers against Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game.
Here's the full survey standings from USA Today, with three points given for a 1st place vote, two for 2nd, and one for 3rd:
1. Marcus Mariota, Junior, QB, Oregon: 25-4-0 = 83Back to the Alabama Crimson Tide Newsfeed
2. Melvin Gordon, Junior, RB, Wisconsin: 4-21-4 = 58
3. Amari Cooper, Junior, WR, Alabama: 0-3-18 = 24
4. J.T. Barrett, Freshman, QB, Ohio State: 0-0-4 = 4
5. Trevone Boykin, Junior, QB, TCU: 0-0-3 = 3
6. Tevin Coleman, Junior, RB, Indiana: 0-1-0 = 2