Charlie Strong and the Texas Longhorns are looking to make their way back to the top of the college football world. The men in burnt orange were able to overcome the Oklahoma Sooners last year in an epic Red River Rivalry game, so to add to the momentum going into the new season, we present to you the 7 reasons Texas is better than... that one state who's name we try not to say.
7. The Longhorns are on the winning side of a 60-43 Red River Showdown record
6. Texas raises tougher fans
5. You can't find chaps anywhere else
4. Celebrating a win in Austin is much more fun than in Norman. See for yourself:
Would you choose this?
3. You never know who you'll run into at a Texas game...
Like Matthew McConaughey
Or Natalie Portman...
1. There's no better feeling than seeing the Tower lit up after a Longhorn victory
...which it has been following each of Texas' 50 National Championships... almost twice as many as OU's 27.
With the Spring Game complete, it's time to start the countdown to football season. Check out these 10 Things To Get You Pumped for Longhorn Football!